16 Weeks

Ok, things are speeding up and I’m going to point all fingers to the fact that it’s because I’m feeling about 1,000 times better now than 10 weeks ago.  This last week has been pretty great.  I’ve had a lot more energy and have only had to nap twice!  That’s actually pretty huge for me considering if I don’t have a nap then I get sick at night.  Last Friday was my first day without a nap and I was a bit nervous that I wasn’t going to be ok later that night.  I had plans to go to a friends house for dinner and watch a movie and I wasn’t sure I was going to last much past 8pm.  Turns out I wasn’t home until about 10:15 and I did pretty well!  I was able to eat dinner AND have dessert!  Of course, dessert was consumed on the way home out of pure necessity (started gagging and almost threw up and needed something fast), but I managed to get it down and it tasted great too.  Win win!  Saturday I wasn’t able to get a workout in because we woke up and went straight to the pumpkin patch.  I tend to give myself a break on Saturday’s anyways since I want to be with my family but I also know that not working out makes me overly tired and in need of rest or a nap later that day.  Indeed, that’s what happened.  I was so tired by the time we arrive home from the pumpkin patch and Farmers Market that I could barely get Emmett’s diaper changed.  Luckily Chad was there to help me.  We both ate some fudge pops and decided to hit the hay ourselves.  I’m pretty sure Emmett didn’t sleep for one second but he was in there for 2.5 hours and mom and dad slept like rocks for at least 2 of those hours.  Anyways, over the remainder of the weekend I still felt pretty sick on and off and gagged quite a bit.  I ate more than I should have on Saturday but it was all in an attempt to stop from getting sick.  Sunday I was able to run 3.5 miles and ride the stationary bike for 40 minutes.  I felt on top of the world when I got home and thank goodness for that workout because it charged me up for the rest of our busy day.  Monday and Tuesday were pretty good as well although I was tired on Tuesday by the time the clock said 8:15.  I think Chad and I were both in bed by that time and asleep by 9 that night.  My only really “bad” day was yesterday this past week.  I actually woke up ready to tackle the day but didn’t get my usual workout in since we had an allergy appointment for E man.  That took about 2 hours out of our morning so I had just enough time to race him home for a quick nap and then get to the airport to pick my mom up (she was out of town at a conference and I offered to pick her up).  It was nice.  The short nap gave me a chance to make an actual meal and for Emmett to make it through the afternoon.  We went to lunch at Chipotle with my parents (side note: Emmett LOVES this place and without fail will eat all food placed in front of him).  Unfortunately at about 2pm I was close to dying (ok, not really.  Just very tired).  I knew it was too early to put E down so we ran errands until 3.  When I got home I didn’t even know how I was going to get Emmett upstairs, yeah, that’s how tired I was.  It took everything I had left to get him up to his room, change him and get him into his crib.  I crashed HARD after that for 2 hours.  I know Emmett didn’t fall asleep right away and actually, to be truthful, I don’t think he fell asleep until well after 4pm.  I finally mustered up the energy to make my way to the kitchen and clean, clean, clean.  It was a mess and felt really good to get that accomplished.  I also had an appetizer I was supposed to make to bring to my bookclub later that night that wasn’t even started yet.  Thankfully it’s an easy recipe and I was able to prep that as well.  It felt really good to get some things done while E slept as well as have some time to myself.  I got him up around 5:45 and gave him a bath before heading down for dinner.  Chad got home around that time and helped me out quite a bit after that.  I was so fortunate to be able to have had that afternoon nap because just as I was heading out the door I received a text from the friend who was hosting the bookclub and she canceled on us last minute so Chad suggested I hosted at our house.  I’m not sure if it’s the fact that I’m actually feeling better or the fact that I had a two hour nap but everyone came over, the house was clean, the kitchen looked nice and they didn’t end up leaving until 11pm!  I have NO idea where my energy came from last night but I’ll take it.  When I went up to bed I was surprised that I didn’t gag while brushing my teeth and for the first time in weeks, I didn’t feel lousy getting into bed.  In fact, I was so energized that I couldn’t fall asleep!  I even woke up this morning at 6:20 ready to tackle the day with visions of vacuuming (still hasn’t happened) and doing laundry (hasn’t’ happened either).  There was some sort of spark inside of me this morning that I haven’ t had in months.  Like the old spark I used to have before getting pregnant.

I’m going to try very hard and tell myself this is a good spark, not the kind of spark that means the pregnancy isn’t going well.  I’m trying to take a more laid back approach from here on out and just trust that my body is capable of doing this and doing this well.  My next appointment isn’thttp://thinrunner.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=1102&action=edit&message=10 until next Friday but I’m going to tell myself right up until that appointment that everything is fine.  I’m tired of wasting time thinking about the “what ifs” scenarios.  As far as I know and have been told, this pregnancy is going fine and there’s no reason to think otherwise so that’s the information I need to go with.
So here we are at 16 weeks.  I didn’t really like the questions I answered from last weeks update so I’m going to do my best to look for other questions or make my own up that fit more appropriately to my personality and pregnancy.  Maybe I’ll have that ready by next week or update this post later.

16 weeks 16 weeks pic 2



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s