Week ends and odds

This week marks either 35 or 36 weeks?  Anyways, I have an ultrasound on Monday and will update the outcome of that next week.  This week however has been an interesting one.  I’ve actually felt pretty good in comparison to last week.  Last week was just full of nausea.  It was unfortunate because my husband’s family was in town and it was hard to be perfectly pleasant and also feel run down and nauseous the whole time.  Thank god they are understanding and laid back and really didn’t mind at all.  But this week I think I’ve gone to bed almost every night feeling fine.  I say almost because last night was terrible.  Oh and the night before I thought I had a bladder infection.  Let’s start with Monday.  Monday was wonderful.  It was actually our anniversary!  We have been married for one whole year and actually made it one year child free!  We were a little nervous that if this baby decided to make an early appearance that he’d be born before or on our anniversary but that day came and went :).  So in honor of our anniversary, I called in sick and had a lovely day.  I slept in, was able to do the elliptical for an hour, met up with my husband for lunch, took the dog to the park for a nice long walk, and we were able to eat at a very nice restaurant up in the Highlands called Duo.  This place serves all organic food and is very fresh and wonderful.  To our surprise, my mom had beaten us there and left us an anniversary card and also paid for our dessert.  It was very thoughtful!  Thanks Mom!

Tuesday our birth class was cancelled due to “spring break” (who celebrates that unless you are in school?).  Wednesday was when I actually thought I had developed a bladder infection.  It started around lunch time when I went to go workout.  I thought it was just the baby pushing down on my bladder but I really couldn’t tell.  I peed right before I got dressed in my workout clothes then 3 min. later, had to pee again.  This time it was just a trickle and was a bit painful.  All through my workout (on the stationary bike) I had to pee.  This only happens if I’m walking or running.  Again, just a trickle after my workout.  I got worried and of course started crying.  I called my OB to make an appointment and they couldn’t get me in until the following day at 10am.  I decided to take the appointment and then go home for the day to put my feet up and relax.  Once I got home the pressure when away and I instantly felt better.  I even walked the dog with little to no feeling of having to “go”.  I was actually fine until after my shower at around 8pm.  That’s when it came back.  It was very painful and I sat on the toilet for almost 20 min. just waiting for something to come out.  I figured it was going to be a long night.  It ended up actually resolving itself and by morning the pressure was gone.  I decided to keep my appointment anyways just to be on the safe side.

Let’s talk about the doctor for a second shall we?  I went in for the appointment and ps by the way, I HATE going to the doc. if I’ve already eaten, had anything to drink, or haven’t exercised.  Well guess what?  Yesterday I had too much to drink (wanted to have enough to give them a pee sample), I ate breakfast, and I didn’t exercise.  I don’t look at the scale anymore at the doc’s office b/c it makes me anxious.  I didn’t figure they’d weigh me anyways yesterday b/c it was not for a pregnancy related appointment.  Well, they did.  I didn’t look and all was well.  I went in to my waiting room and when the PA came in to talk to me the first piece of info. was very good news-bladder infection results came back negative!  We talked for a bit and she said that my full results wouldn’t be back until Monday.  I told her that’s fine b/c I was coming in again for an ultrasound and an appointment.  She asked why I was having one and I told her it’s b/c everyone keeps telling me how small I look.  She was actually pretty funny and asked “how tall are you?” I said “5’9”.  She told me that the baby has lots of room to grow so that’s why I’m not big.  She also told me to ask people where they got their medical degree the next time they decide to comment.  Ha!   Then she went through my charts and told me “you’ve gained PLENTY of weight”.  That was a little offensive to me.  I don’t think I’ve gained “plenty” of weight.  I’m pretty sure I’m right on track.  I think I’ve gained about 20-25lbs thus far.  I think I’m doing pretty damn well!  That irked me for some reason.  I felt pretty down about my stupid weight the rest of the day.

I know weight shouldn’t get me down…I’m pregnant for gosh sakes!  But it does.  That’s why I don’t look at the scale.  I’m wearing non maternity pants today!  yes, they still fit, even in the 35/36 week range!  Anyways, that should give me some reassurance that I’m doing alright.  Yesterday after my appointment I went and worked out (35 stationary bike, 2 mile run) then treated myself to an entire burrito bowl at Chipotle.  You’d think I’d learn.  I don’t.  I came home with a monstrous stomach ache and heartburn like no other.  I have done this once before and promised myself I’d save 1/2 of  the burrito bowl for later in the day b/c this has happened before.  Anyways, for dinner I was able to get down 2 pieces of toast and some scrambled egg whites.  After that it went down hill and I had to go to bed.  I’m pretty sure I was in bed around 9:15pm and then the cramps started.  No, not contractions…full blown, I got to go #2 cramps.  I could not get comfortable to save my life.  Somehow I managed to fall asleep until my husband came in around midnight.  I shifted positions and the pain started all over again.  He gave me his pillows, I got comfortable and slept until the dog woke me up around 6:25am.  The cramps were gone but let me tell you, I am now completely cleaned out!  I wasn’t even hungry for breakfast this morning.  When I finally did get hungry, I treated myself to this:

Was that ever good!  I need to learn how to make this more often!  I had a skinny zesty egg white sandwich with turkey sausage and sun dried tomato on a honey wheat bagel.  Wow, that totally hit the spot.  And b/c the bagel place is next door to Starbucks, I decided to treat myself to a non fat tall decaf latte.  I should make this a Friday tradition 🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s