Been gone too long

I just noticed that I haven’t posted anything since week 6!  It’s been a tough windy road so far.  I can’t say things are getting better in terms of the sickness (which I hear is a good thing!) but I can say I’m learning to just “deal with it”.  At first it was horrible.  I didn’t know the first thing about dealing with being nauseous and depressed because I couldn’t exercise.  Thank god I found what I call the “magic pill” or I don’t know how I would get through my days or eat anything.  My morning sickness pill is my saving grace.  At first, I only took it when I thought I really really needed it.  Now I don’t even think twice when I pop the pill along with my others in the morning first thing.  Last week we made it through week 8.  It was almost the exact same as 7.  I took my pill every single day last week because I had 3 very long days at work last week, 3 lunch dates, and had to be around tons of people so I knew I had to hold it together.  Monday and Tuesday were long days.  Worked from 8am-730pm.  I also had lunch with a friend at Noodles and Co. on Tuesday.  I got the spaghetti and meatballs.  Let’s just say I should have gone with the mac and cheese.   I think my husband is loving pregnant me because I eat things I wouldn’t ever normally eat and then he gets to reap the benefits of the leftovers.  He got some meatballs and spaghetti later 🙂 Wednesday wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be.  My boss surprised me with lunch and a 1/2 day.  The only problem with lunch was that it was with another co-worker who doesn’t’ know I’m pregnant and it was Mexican food which sounds absolutely terrible to me.  So, of course, I popped my magic pill and out I went.  I ended up with the bean burrito with a side of re-friend beans and rice.  I finished my sides but most of the burrito went home to my husband.  That afternoon I actually felt semi good and so I stopped by Walgreens to fill some prescriptions.  While there I bought some candy…gummy worms and runts.  What, they sounded good!  I also called my husband to find out how he was feeling (he stayed home sick that day) and he asked me to pick up some chocolate ice cream.  We ended up with Rocky road.  I actually tried some when I got home and it tasted magical.   I didn’t eat much after that and laid on the couch until bedtime at 9:30pm.  Sad.  Thursday was another trying day as I was at work until 7:30pm again but I got Friday off for working so many hours last week!  Friday I tried not to take a pill and I even RAN 3 miles!  I was in a pretty great mood on Friday night suffice to say.  I did take a pill right before we went to dinner just so I wouldn’t be grossed out by the food and so I could actually get through the evening.  I also gave myself a mini shopping spree at Ross (dress for less).  I haven’t shopped since August of last year so it feels really good to have some new clothes to sport around this week.  Time to do a little fall cleaning of my wardrobe and pass the old clothes onto Good Will.

This weekend we went on a mini vacation with my parents to Estes Park.  It was really nice to just get away and do something different after weeks of sitting here in Denver watching me be low on energy and sickly.  We went up to Ft. Collins to have lunch and I was able to get down 1/2 a portable mushroom sandwich and fries.  Fries and pizza have been consistently sounding good.  We then headed to my grandpa’s land outside of Ft. Collins and spent about 1.5 hours there just enjoying the landscape.  From there we headed to Estes.  We had every in intention of spending the night up there but after my mom had called 11 places that morning and we drove by about 7 places that read “no vacancy” we were beginning to think we’d be heading back to Denver after dinner.  We actually spotted a place that read “vacancy” and hoped on the opportunity to stay there.  It ended up working out nicely.  They even allowed dogs!  It was cheap and we got rooms that were right next to each other.  The place was very kitschy but that’s Estes for you.  We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  We had cheese and crackers in my parents room then headed to dinner.  We had to work up an appetite as we weren’t really hungry at all.  None of the places were really standing out to us but we ended at the Grubsteak.  It seemed to have enough choices but I told everyone not to worry about me and my food needs.  I ended up with the chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes.  Um, I definitely won the best tasting dinner.  This hit the spot!  Of course afterwards I felt like a complete cow but I’m learning to just go with it.  I did end up doing 60 min. on the elliptical Sat. morning so I wasn’t too concerned.  I even tried my hand at some peanut butter chocolate ice cream.  I had to throw most of that away though.  I’m still having pretty bad aversions to sugar.  The next morning we went out to breakfast and weren’t seated until 11am.   We waited almost an hour for our seating and food but I think it was worth the wait.  I’m actually surprised I was able to wait that long for food.  I got biscuits and gravy with buttered grits.  It was all perfect.  We were all stuffed afterwards and of course my folks wanted to hike.  Chad and I were in no mood so we walked the few steps it took to get to the falls and let my parents keep going.  We sat and actually talked to a nice couple who had a 2 month old with them.  It was pretty inspirational.  I was actually going downhill pretty quickly so I’m glad we weren’t there forever.  When my parents got back we drove down to do some Elk watching and to our surprise actually got to see some!  By this point it was about 2pm and time to head back down to Denver.  We had to stop on the way home for me to grab a sandwich but of course there were no vegetarian options anywhere.  We looked at 4 different places before I finally just had to make a decision.  I ended with the BLT. Hit the spot again.  When we got home I had every intention of taking the dog for a long walk to burn off some of that gravy but I went downhill pretty quickly and ended up on the couch from about the time we got home until bed time.  I’m so sick of my lifestyle I could cry but every day I survive, I remind myself, it’s one day closer to meeting our babies.  I want to just cry most of the time because this first trimester thing just isn’t me but I feel lucky that I don’t feel well.  I think if I didn’t feel like this I’d be even more paranoid then I already am.  I’m hoping the 9th week will sail by because next week we have our 10 week ultrasound to see what is going on in there!!!!!  I can’t wait to see them again and the little heartbeats!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s